Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Rewind: Family Fun Time

Monday, June 8 was the day after Mary's Memorial, and we decided it would be fun to get out and play at Adventure Landing. I met my mom's husband Rick, my grandfather Fritz, my Uncle David, David's fiance Jane, and my cousin Erin. We started off shooting some indoor hoops before we headed out to the go-cart track. Watching Fritz win race one was a definite highlight! I tried to take photos while racing, but I was speeding so fast that they were all blurry. :)

Since it was a hot day, we needed to cool off. The bumper boats seemed to fit the bill. That is, until everyone began to pick on me. I was completely SOAKED. If family can't gang up on and abuse you, who can?

We ended the evening at Mom & Rick's by grilling burgers and having drinks. Things got a little silly when Mom started modeling some new flip flops and Rick took them on as his own. Somehow sunglasses got thrown in to the mix, and it all went downhill from there.

I know Mary had to be looking down on us and cracking up. Goodness knows we were! What a great day we had --- together.

No comments: