Monday, July 6, 2009

Pie Maker, Pie Maker, Make Me A Pie

Today, I ran across a pie recipe that sounded really good to me. So . . . I made it. It is so easy, smooth, creamy & yummy!

My camera is on its deathbed, but I tried to take some (albeit) crummy photos for you.






Peanut Butter Pie with "Lazy Tips" by Kristin

Crust:

1 1/4 cup chocolate cookie crumbs
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup melted butter
Mix together and press into pie pan. Bake 10 min at 375 degrees & then cool.

** Lazy Tip: Buy one of those chocolate pie crusts that are already made. I was even lazier and used a graham cracker crust.


Filling:

1 8 oz pkg of cream cheese, softened
1 cup creamy peanut butter (You could use crunch, too, I suppose.)
1 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon butter, softened
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup cool whip

Mix all filling ingredients except cool whip. Fold the cool whip into the other mixture. Pour into crust. Refrigerate till ready to serve.
**Lazy Tip: Don't soften the cream cheese & butter. Just use your Kitchen Aid mixer!

You can top with crushed graham crackers or Oreos or something else pretty.
**Lazy Tip: Don't put anything on it. Just eat it.

No comments: