Monday, May 5, 2008

Will the Real Queen Please Stand Up?

Many of my "bestie" internet pals and I went out for a 2nd Chance Bachelorette Party. What a night we had! It's taken me all of this time to recover and post. :)

Here are a few of us - L to R - Sarah, Dianthe, Jessica, Meg, Kelly, ReJana, Rebecca & me. Oh, and don't forget the huge chunk of wall above and behind us. Thanks dude that took the photo! (and to me for being too lazy to crop it)



We started at the Embassy Suites Hotel at Market Center. We started getting ready and having a few cocktails before cocktail hour began. The hotel offers a free cocktail hour for guests, so we (of course) had to oblige that opportunity as well.

After cocktails & cocktail hour, we headed to our rooms to finish getting ready some more. I'm sure there were a few cocktails consumed again.

For dinner, we went to the Victory Tavern in Victory Plaza. It was my first time down there since it's become such a hotspot around the AAC. Dinner & drinks were overpriced but fairly tasty. The hummus and pita chips were awesome!

From there, we headed to Oak Lawn's Rose Room at S4. They offer a fabulous drag show that we really enjoyed. Then we headed downstairs for more dancing - oh - and more cocktails. :) Here are a few of the ladies/men/whatevers that entertained us. Some of them looked good!



After closing the place down, we went back to the hotel. Many of our friends were already there and asleep (*ahem* passed out), so our hungry selves walked down the street to Whataburger. For those of you that have known me (and known me well) for a long time, you realize heading to Whataburger after being at a bar was a bit scary for me to do. However, I was (once again) pretty sober and needed some sustinence.

Finally, a little after 4am, I unfolded my very uncomfortable sofa bed and crashed. The morning came quickly, as did the week ahead of me.

The one thing I learned is that I am officially old.

No comments: