Sunday, May 11, 2008

Out with the old, In with the new

We are finally replacing the furniture in our breakfast area! We currently have a mismatched table with chairs & it's in a pretty sad state. I recovered the chairs a couple of years ago & they look better than they did, but still.




The chairs aren't the worst part of the "ensemble". The table is almost like a fake table because you just can't really sit around it. Anyway, Salvation Army - take it away!

On Saturday, our dining area will take on a new look. Something exactly like this, in fact:



It's a wonderful counter-height, cherrywood table top (no veneers!) with black legs and black chairs. We opted for the leaf and eight chairs instead of four. While I'm not overly hip on the chair covers, I know how to recover them when we're ready. :)

I can't wait for our first dinner at our new table!

7 comments:

Newt said...

Oooh! Pretty! I love new furniture.

La Bonne Vie - The House of Brodt said...

LOVE it! I love the combination of the cherry and the black wood together. Very chic!

AprilB said...

Love the new furniture! Very pretty!

Amanda said...

I love the dining set! I bet you can't wait!

Kristin Anderson said...

So great! This is a look we almost went with! LOOOVE it.

Jess said...

When's dinner being served?!?! :)

Maria (MKC101103) said...

Our dining set is that height and I just love it!