Thursday, May 15, 2008

I'm Animaled Out Tonight

I love fresh air during the spring, so I left the back door open for a few minutes when I got home. A fly must have gotten in at that time because Pippin the Flycatcher Pup is running around looking in corners and snapping at the air. She has me so paranoid that more bugs are in the house that I actually thought I felt one crawling on my arm. Note to self: Start looking for screen doors.

As I was fixing MY dinner (Ghetto Ham Sandwiches - yum!), the four animals were at my feet begging for anything. I finally settled on small pieces of cheese and fed them to the dogs first. Mackey was instantly thrilled and ran from the room in delight. Pippin waited for more as did Steve. Then I gave the cat a bite. That's when Steve barked so loudly that I may be deaf in my left ear now. Idiot.

I shooed naughty dog & his entourage out of the kitchen and attempted to give Mindy her cheese again. In came the beast ready for a repeat performance. I shooed Steve out again with him only to prove his vigilance. Mindy and I finally gave up. Luckily she got a teensy-tiny, little-bitty bit of cheese. While I think Mindy would hate him, I think she secretly likes the attention he gives her. I've had a couple of roommates that had pets, but no animal has ever wanted to sniff Mindy's butt as much as Steve. Stevie is such a bad boy.

Then there were the two instances of barking in the house (which is rare) - one by Pippin and the other by Steve. They both scared the crap out of me. Pippin's barkfest was brief, but Steve got them both going and they flew out of the house to go kick some butt. (Have I ever told you that we have a dogdoor that has saved our sanity?) Barkfest #2 ensued for a few minutes, but I was too tired to go tell them to shut it. Plus, I knew my efforts would be fruitless.

After all the antics of the past couple of hours, they all appear to be tired for now. I'm sure something else will happen very soon. I hope Todd is home by then so he can deal with it.

No comments: