Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Five Years Ago Today . . .

. . . Todd and I met for our first date. It's amazing that it's already been five years. Friday, November 11, 2003 --- what a night that was! There are a few hilarious stories that accompany that evening. I'll try to write about it in the future when I have time to get it all down. What I will tell you is when Todd called me the next day, I was smitten! There were only a few days a couple of weeks afterwards (when he was out of town for the holidays) that we didn't not talk. I'm so blessed to have such a kind, thoughtful, and respectful man as my husband.

In the past five years, we've grown to know, love, and care for one another like noone else. We have established not only our house but our home and the beginnings of our family. Since getting married almost two years ago, we have had even more wonderful times as well as some amazingly difficult times. No matter what though, we are committed to one another and to our marriage.

Here are a few of the first pictures of us as a couple:

Valentine's Day, 2004 - yes a big snowstorm came through that day!
March 5, 2004 - Bowling with friends on my birthday.March 6, 2004 at the Dallas Irish Festival:

I love you, Todd, and look forward to the next 5, 15, 20, 25, and more years with you! Thank you for being my blessing.


On another note, today is also Veterans' Day. Please take time to thank and pray for those who have fought for our country in the past as well as those who are doing the same today.

8 comments:

Chris said...

Yay for anniversaries! Happy five, and I hope you have a happy 55 more coming your way!

Maria (MKC101103) said...

Happy Anniversary :)

Misty said...

Awww, you two make such a cute couple! Happy Anniversary!!!

La Bonne Vie - The House of Brodt said...

Happy anniversary!!! Hope only the best years are yet to come!

Shanny said...

Happy 1st date anniversary!!!

Jenn said...

It's amazing how time FLIES! I find myself saying that more and more. Love the pics! You 2 are a good-lookin couple! =P

Jen said...

Happy Anniversary!! I hope you have many many more!

MISTY and CO... said...

Happy first date to you! You and Toddy make a great pair....I am glad he snatched you up :)