About Our Husbands . . .
1) Where did you meet? Todd and I met on a blind date after "meeting" on match.com. Our first date/meeting was at the Flying Saucer on Friday, November 11, 2003.
2) How long did you date before you got married? We dated for almost three years before we were *finally* engaged. (We lived in sin for about two years before that.) We were married one day short of 3 years, 4 months of our first date.
3) How long have you been married? We have been married for 1 year, 8 months (since March 10, 2007). What a ride it's been already! We are looking forward to many, many years ahead of us.
4) What is your favorite feature of his? Physical feature? I would have to say his gorgeous, bright, blue eyes. Mmmmmm.
5) What is your favorite quality of his? There are many ~ that's why I married him! Let's see . . . Todd is sentimental, nostalgic, calm, responsible, tender-hearted, kind, courteous, hard working, funny, passionate, industrious . . . I could go on for days.
6) Does he have a nickname for you? Kris (which is reserved for family and a select few friends), Babe, Dear.
7) What is his favorite food? Pad Thai, good cheeseburgers
8) What is his favorite sport? Football. He doesn't really care for any other sports.
9) When and where was your first kiss? Our first kiss was on our first date. We left the Flying Saucer and went to Mercy (a wine bar) nearby. They have such a unique and wonderful atmosphere there. Between the wine and the ambience, we just couldn't help ourselves. :)
10) What is your favorite thing to do as a couple? Spend time together and with our pets. What more could we ask for?
11) Do you have any children? Unfortunately, no. We lost three babies in our first year of marriage, and are hoping to have a successful pregnancy underway before our second anniversary.
12) Does he have a hidden talent? Now, I couldn't tell you THAT, could I?!
13) How old is he? Todd is 39 years old. Yep, I'm a cradle robber. ha!
14) Who said "I love you" first? He did, but only because I waited. It was in October of 2004, almost a year after we met. Todd was taking our baby dog, Steve, to the vet to get neutered. I was crying and upset (worried about my baby), and told Todd that I just couldn't go with them to drop Stevie off at the nut-choppers. Before he left, he came into the room and hugged me goodbye. I was bawling, and he just held me and said, "I love you, Dear." My eyes are tearing up just typing this. Funny story, but it meant the world to me then and still does today.
15) What is his favorite type of music? Todd has the most eclectic music tastes of anyone I've ever met. Let's just say he doesn't like what I like (which is close to everything).
16) What do you admire the most about him? His kind and gentle nature, sense of humor, and sense of responsibility.
17) Do you think he will read this? No, he hates this blog. Todd is very private, and he doesn't like the fact that I'm "publicizing" our world to everyone. I'm still working on converting him. :)













3 comments:
Jay doesn't read my blog either, so I have no problem spilling all about him online. I'd copy this blog post but I'm mad at him right now. :)
Sounds like you and Todd have a wonderful relationship though, something to be proud of. And I love the story about the first time he said he loved you. So sweet!
Happy belated Thanksgiving!
Aw! And great idea! I'm going to have to do this!
soooo sweet. that pic of todd is great. i read some of Jen's blog and will be praying for her.....life is just so precious and short...
Post a Comment