Thursday, November 20, 2008

Smiling at the GAS PUMP



No, you didn't read that incorrectly. I was SMILING while filling up tonight. Well, I wasn't smiling at first. Remember the gas shortage of the 70s? I felt like I was reliving it (except I was driving, not riding) because I had to wait in line. Yes, IN LINE.

This pic shows just a few of the cars. There were about twenty cars lined up from multiple directions. Crazy, I tell ya!




Then, I swiped my card, got my $0.03 discount, and SHAZAM! $1.56/gallon. No, your eyes aren't deceiving you . . .



DRUM ROLL, PLEASE . . . . . . . . . .




I ain't lying. What a beautiful opportunity to allow me to help stimulate the economy.

5 comments:

Katie said...

Isn't it great! If you makes you feel any better, we have to wait in line 99% of the time. We are the first exit after many many miles of nothing, so everyone stops to fill up. Next time I'm in DFW, we should go to dinner :)

Meg said...

Awesome!!! I was happy to have it under $2.00 the other day! My gas light was on, and it only took $30 to fill up! I hope the prices stay low!!

Juicy said...

Waitaminute! You're just up the highway from me and we're paying $1.83 here! WTH?!?! Lucky dog. Send me some of your gas, I need to refuel.

I can't believe there was a line. That's insane.

Jess said...

Oh wow! That IS low! Where were you? I'm married to the craziest guy who will drive for cheap gas...defeats the point, but it makes him happy!

Jenn said...

Oh my goodness! And I thought 1.86 was awesome!