Monday, November 24, 2008

Thanksgiving Dilemma


I don't know if we'll get to eat that much! My mom's double ovens died, and the parts won't be in until January 1st. Crappy timing, huh?

Todd and I are making the turkey here. I'm also making mashed potatoes (crock pot), deviled eggs, green bean casserole (in toaster oven), rolls (warm in toaster oven at the last minute?), pumpkin pies (made ahead of time), and whatever else I can think of making.

Mom is making the dressing & a ham, plus some other stuff, but we're not sure how this will happen without ovens at her house. Maybe I could make the dressing here, but we wouldn't have any way to heat it up other than the microwave. Mom is going to check with a couple of neighbors to see if they'll be in town & might be able to lend an oven. We also have an extra crockpot, stove top, two microwaves, and a toaster oven.

Any other ideas??? And, no, our house is not an option.
EDIT: Disaster avoided! Mom & Rick found an oven for sale for only $30! That's only $70 cheaper than the food warmer I almost bought today. Now we'll have some great food for Thanksgiving AND Christmas! Whew . . .

No comments: