
We are completely up & running over a week after our home got hit by lightning. Come to find out though, it wasn't the house that got hit. It was the underground wiring in our backyard's sprinkler system! Todd had sprinkler repair guys out today because one zone of the sprinklers out back wouldn't work. They dug & dug & dug and finally found it - the wire that had been hit.
When the storm hit that night, I was in our bedroom. The main exterior wall is a few feet from the huge maple tree we have out back. I heard a loud pop that night and naturally assumed the tree got hit. Nope, it was the sprinkler wiring between the tree and our house. I'm feeling very fortunate that it didn't get any closer to our home and that we were safe.
My awesome husband (that's Todd - you know - the guy in the picture at the top of this blog) has replaced our automatic garage door opener, replaced the panel to the sprinkler system, and worked with the sprinkler people and telephone people to get everything replaced. Like I said, Todd is awesome.
When the storm hit that night, I was in our bedroom. The main exterior wall is a few feet from the huge maple tree we have out back. I heard a loud pop that night and naturally assumed the tree got hit. Nope, it was the sprinkler wiring between the tree and our house. I'm feeling very fortunate that it didn't get any closer to our home and that we were safe.
My awesome husband (that's Todd - you know - the guy in the picture at the top of this blog) has replaced our automatic garage door opener, replaced the panel to the sprinkler system, and worked with the sprinkler people and telephone people to get everything replaced. Like I said, Todd is awesome.













5 comments:
crazy! I'm glad Super Todd was there to fix everything!
Glad to hear your power is back up! My parents' neighbor's tree just crashed thru their backyard in a storm we had last night- took down their privacy fence and the above ground pool (which is totally flattened). Crazy what these storms will do! Anyway, upon your request, pictures have been posted. :)
No problem! I am sending lots of BFP dust (thoughts & prayers) your way!!! BTW, I love the header on your page! It looks great!
Wow. Lightning scares the bejeebees out of me. It's very beautiful just so long as it stays in the sky where it belongs!
Your hubby sounds like mine: on top of things and won't leave it alone until it's "Mission Accomplished".
Damn! I'm sorry to hear about the lightning strike. We once had lightning strike a swing we had on a tree that's about 10 feet away from our bedroom window. This was at 2am, I shot up out of bed and screamed. It was SO loud. The next morning, I went to check the damage and saw all the chain links from the swing all over the yard, the limb that had once held the swing was nearly halfway across the yard (we're on an acre, so it was far away) and the ground was scorched. Scary.
Glad you guys are alright and that you have such a badass husband who can fix all the stuff! Nice. :)
Post a Comment