Stevie is out of surgery. I just spoke with his doctor and things went well. Dr. S. said that it "really couldn't have gone any better." Whew! The lipoma was (surprisingly) under two layers of muscle, so the surgery was a little more intensive than planned. The entire lipoma was removed and weighed 1.7 pounds!!! My perfect, little, baby dog is now sporting an 11 inch incision on his chest. :( Big Boy's going to spend the night at the vet, so he can get some good rest. Dr. S. is a little worried that Stevie may damage his incision, so we'll need to keep a close eye on him.
After four agonizing years, Mackey thinks he's finally regained alpha-control over his home. That'll change tomorrow! Girlfriend (Pippin) is pretty mopey right now and will only wag her tail for treats. She'll be happy to see her boyfriend tomorrow, but there will be no wrestling for a while!
The house is eerily quiet right now, and I already desperately miss my baby. I can't wait until we get him in the morning. I'm sure I'll have some pathetic photos to post in the next 24 hours.
Thursday, July 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













4 comments:
Poor guy! I am sure he will be running you over in no time!!
I always think our house is so strange and wrong when one of the dogs is away. Mr. Newt, on the other hand, loves it. "It's so quiet!"
Rest up and get better Stevie Poo!
Yeah for Stevie's successful surgery!!
And your dogs just sound like the cutest bunch!!
Post a Comment