Steve - about 5-6 weeks old.
Poor baby Stevie is having surgery today. As his mom, I'm very worried that something bad might happen. I know he has four legs, likes to drink from the toilet and shares somewhat icky breath now, but he is my child right now. He is my baby.
Stevehead has a lipoma on his big, ol', barrelled chest. A lipoma is a fatty tissue that develops and grows but really isn't harmful. (I'm thinking it's hereditary, because he probably/must have gotten it from me since I had one removed from my breast years ago.) It started out somewhat small, but now it is huge. I have fairly good-sized hands (not man hands tyvm), and the lipoma is larger in diameter than my hands fanned out. Think the size of a VERY large steak.
Stevie's almost always relaxed - and modest. :)
All three pooches go to the vet tomorrow for shots and their regular checkups. However, the baby (and I do mean he is a BABY) has to stay. The last time he was there for anything important - my 110 lb. baby got beaten up by a Corgie - they had to sedate him. The doctor came out to us and said, "He's a big dog, but he's not a brave dog. I need to sedate him to get his wounds cleaned."
The good news is that he's been sedated before and done well. The bad news is that he's my baby, and I'm his mom, so I worry like crazy. Luckily Stevie licks the tears off my face when I cry about him having surgery.
Please send good thoughts/prayers/vibes to my little man. If anything happened to him, I'd have to be put down myself. :(













4 comments:
Oh man sister! Lots of prayers coming your way for Steve-O, Ms.Whitney and your house! Things come in 3's so hopefully this is the last of the crazy stuff for a while! Give us an update on everything asap! Miss you guys!
Oh your poor Stevie!! I'm praying everything is just fine for him today. My dog means the world to me so I know how upset you are.
And that is the cutest darn puppy picture of him!
Ack, so much surgery! Both Whitney and Steve are in my thoughts.
awww...i hope stevie has a speedy recovery! tigger sends his well wishes.
Post a Comment