Sunday, July 20, 2008

DELCARING A WEEK OF NORMALCY!!


After today is over, I am declaring NORMAL WEEK in the H house! This past week wore me out.

This morning I went out to get the newspaper and what did I find? The newspaper. But I also found a men's wallet, open, with a few credit cards and such strewn across our front lawn. Being the good citizen I am, I tried contacting some of the 800 numbers to see if they could contact the owner. Surprisingly (not), most large credit companies aren't open on Sunday mornings. (I guess because they're all calling people every weekday evening before 9.)

I then contacted the city of Dallas' information service. As usual, they told me to call 911. Again, I didn't have a life/death emergency, but I was calling 911 for the second time in less than a week. An officer came to pick up the wallet and remaining contents and was on his way. Apparently there had been an auto theft somewhere in the neighborhood because he picked up contents of a couple of purses one street over from our house.

Between 911 today, Whitney's emergency surgery, the house getting hit by lightning, 911 to the fire department, having no phone service, Steve's surgery, dealing with the MIL as usual, lack of good sleep, replacing the sprinkler system box, learning my baby nephew may need surgery, getting the highest electric bill we've ever had, buying/replacing a new garage door opener, learning my mom needs open heart surgery, & paying for all repairs/replacements/animal stuff . . . we need a break.

When I told Todd that I was declaring this week as a week of normalcy, he yelled, "I DECLARE BANKRUPTCY!!! Uh, Michael, you can't really do that." What???

Oh - my husband remembers lines from movies and TV shows and I don't. A virtual high five to whomever knows where that line comes from! (I know - now that he told me!)

Edit: Don't ask me what "normal" is . . . because I obviously don't know! (never have) Let's just say I'm hoping for a week of no calls to 911, no drama, no severe illness, no surprises, and lots of wine. :)

3 comments:

Shanny said...

Wow you are almost a 911 regular now!

Good luck with your week of normalcy, after everything you guys have been through lately you really need it. Oh, I don't know the line or the movie, I suck! =(

Meg said...

Here here! Cheers to a normal week and lots of wine! (Is that from the Office?)

Kristin (kekis) said...

Meg wins! The line is from The Office, one of our favorite TV shows. (Michael declares bankruptcy and Toby tells him he can't really do that.)