Monday, March 31, 2008

BOHICA!!!

In one of my past lives, I was a training consultant for an HR consulting firm. I was once leading a five-day workshop that trained the trainers from client companies on how to implement & train our products. A part of their tedious certification process was to present two different training simulations. During these simulations, my job was simply to observe and take detailed, copious notes of exact dialogue used and categorize it all into different behavioral dimensions.

During a presentation of one man, who had to be about ten years my senior, he used the term "BOHICA". (pronounced BOE HEE KAH) As I was trying to figure out how to spell it and what it meant before I wrote it down, another participant in the workshop asked him the same question running through my mind.

"BOHICA? You've never heard of it? Oh, we've all heard of it and experienced it!!!" he replied with some glee in his voice, "It's BOHICA = Bend Over Here It Comes Again. BOHICA." I immediately stopped my timer and put my head on my table while laughing so hard I was crying. I was not the only one in the room crying either - men and women alike! Yep - time for a break! It took us a while to collect ourselves and get back to work.

I've since adapted the term BOHICA into my semi-regular vocabulary and used it often - especially in stressful times or times when I know I'm being taken.
With that, here is today's BOHICA for me. See, we've all experienced it!

Damn gas & oil companies!

5 comments:

Kristin Anderson said...

I feel physical pain looking at that...... I seriously hurt.

I'm sorry. Maybe you should bike to work. ;)

m said...

Oy! You should just walk...invest in some good tennies and start at 5am! Who cares if you are stinky when you get there! It's 5th graders...I'm sure you'd fit right in. Just stay far away from the other teachers!

Anonymous said...

Holy Moley!! Time for a hybrid!

Sarah said...

Holy crapola! That made me nauseous just looking at the total!

Jess said...

And I just had to share...the prince wasn't around to get the princess' gas this week...so I (gasp) had to do it and I was so tempted to take a picture of the gas total...but there were these guys watching me and I didn't want to look like a freak! It stopped at $70 something and I even went for the mid gas, not premium...yikes! I wonder when my gas bill will be $100! Don't the gas people know they are breaking into my spa and mani's budget! :)