It started with me having duty after school. I can't say it was easy being pelted by mini snowballs falling from the sky while putting about 100 children into their cars to go home. I was so wet by the time it was over - but only the back of me. My clothes were soaked. Thank goodness for seat heaters.
I rushed my wet self out of school to get home before the roads got any worse. But, my car showed me we needed a pit stop:
Yep, no gas. That's okay. There's a station on the way home.
So I stopped at the gas station, opened my door, and WHOOSH! A huge gust of wind flung open my door - straight into a brick column. An expletive flew loudly from my mouth as the door flew open. Hopefully the wind carried it away from the 1000 other people getting gas with me.
So I stopped at the gas station, opened my door, and WHOOSH! A huge gust of wind flung open my door - straight into a brick column. An expletive flew loudly from my mouth as the door flew open. Hopefully the wind carried it away from the 1000 other people getting gas with me.
Must get door fixed. Repeat expletive!!!
No problem. A car can be fixed. I can make it home safely. I'll just drive slowly and carefully. Like 20mph and no faster. Seriously. No faster.

That's okay. I only live about 20 miles away. I'll be home in an hour. (Note: It was 56 minutes.)
GO PEOPLE. UGH.

Streets were slushy, but at least I saw snow on my car. Will I ever get home? Why are my clothes still wet?
Must entertain myself in the process. Traffic? Check! Snow? Check! Entertainment? CHECK!!!
How befitting for this lovely day. God brought us snow. Robbie VanWinkle brought us music.
Welcome to Texas. It'll be 90 degrees tomorrow. :)















4 comments:
I *really* am hoping your entertainment, you know that "Ice, Ice Baby" song was coming from the radio and NOT a CD you own! :) I'll tell myself that so we can still be friends!
And let the record stand at 9 vs 8! Yes, I counted and yes YOU are winning, my dear! I'll be sure to post another Bella blog so we can be tied soon!
Were you taking pictures AND driving?
C YA L8R!
Suckity suck to the car problems.... but I understand. I too had car probs that day, but mine was to the tune of a new transmission.
Thanks for the laugh :)
Post a Comment