Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Todd & Kristin's Vacation - Part Uno

Destination Destin!  I already told you about the first few characters we encountered along our way, and there were more!  First stop: Mobile, Alabama - July 15/16, 2011

When we arrived in Mobile, it was POURING.  Coming in from the droughts and record-setting heat of North Texas, it was really odd to see it rain this hard in the summer.  Our lodging for the night was at the Holiday Inn in Downtown Mobile's Historic District.  It was recently remodeled and really pretty!  Our room was large and comfortable, so we slept well.  I would definitely recommend the hotel to others.


We ate dinner at the original Wintzell's Oyster House and YUM!  The nice front desk clerk at our hotel gave us coupons for free gumbo, so that was partly what led us there.  We started off with the gumbo, then Todd had oysters and I had seafood au gratin.  The beer was cold and the food was tasty!  I've actually been craving Todd's oysters, and I'm not an oyster girl.

The next morning the rain had let up for a while, and we headed out to see some friends.  Breakfast was at Spot of Tea only a block or two from our hotel.  I had the Vanilla French toast with some eggs and bacon.  I shared some of it with (well, it was stolen by) one of my favorite little people - my lil' Goddaughter, **PAYTON**

I'll share my food with this little bird any day!

Miss Restless Pants (who did really well at breakfast!) was ready to get out of that highchair seat belt, and she finally did.  Across the street is a splash pad, so Miss P knew it was time to run, play and get soaking wet.  She did all three very well!
Payton steps on the fountains.

Payton's Daddy and I both told her that drinking from the fountains was yucky, and that led to this:

Drinking

from

every

single

fountain!

I was cracking up watching Payton go from one fountain to the next, all right in a row.  Stubborn, silly girl!  She ran & ran (sometimes too far) & ran & ran.



Her Mommy and Daddy ran and caught her . . .




And once she slowed down, we took a few posed shots . . .

Todd & Kristin --- the vacationers
kekis and her mini-kekis
Payton loved the flowers

She finally has hair!  :)

Last, but not least, one of my besties Sarah!
We enjoyed our short time in Mobile, but it was time to head to the beaches of Destin!

No comments: