Last month I went to Colorado to visit one of my best friends and pledge sisters, Christina, who moved there not long after Todd and I married. Christina is one of those friends who you pick up with right where things were left last time. She and I tear up when we see one another and cry when it's time for us to part. We had such an awesome time just hanging out (with friends, with family, just us) and doing some sight seeing, but my time there just didn't seem to be enough.
My first night there, we went to see "
Rock of Ages: The Musical." It was some awesome 80s music!!!
 |
| View of the stage from our great seats. |
 |
| Christina & I (top L) along with some of her friends. |
The next evening, I was able to visit my friend Traci and her husband. Traci is also from Texas, but she made her way to the Denver area when she and Joel married. I had fun spending time with them, seeing her pup Nika, and drinking some beers.
 |
| The view from Joel & Traci's back deck. |
 |
| Nika was sad because her sister, Roxy, was at her grandparents. |
 |
| Traci, Nika & Me |
 |
| Traci & I |
 |
| Traci & Joel a couple of days before their first anniversary! |
 |
| Traci & Nika playing in the front yard. |
On Friday, we dropped the kids off for sleepovers and headed south for lunch and sight-seeing.
Garden of the Gods was BEAUTIFUL. I took over 100 photos, but here are some faves of mine:
 |
| Self portrait as we stopped at a pullover spot. |
 |
| After we pulled over, we saw this bagpiper standing atop a tall rock. Then we crashed a wedding. :) |
 |
| GOTG has beautiful rocks just jutting up out of the ground. |
 |
| Nature is so cool. |
 |
| Beautiful sky against the red rocks! |
 |
| Taken from the Visitor's Center |
 |
| Look! |
 |
| Known as the kissing camels |
After our tour of GOTG, we headed into Manitou Springs for some shopping and more hanging out. I'll start my next post there.
No comments:
Post a Comment