Friday, July 15, 2011

Oh, people these days . . .

Todd finally finished his summer grad school courses, so we are heading to Destin!  Today we drove from home to Mobile, Alabama and met/saw some interesting folks along the way.

While driving through Louisiana, I passed a convertible BMW.  Driving was a tan, shirtless dude.  I thought to myself, "Cool way to get a tan."  He began to take my lead on the highway, and I later I noticed another passenger.  There was a woman wearing a black hoodie who appeared to be sleeping. The guy was looking her  way every now & then & I swear he was talking to this woman.  However, upon closer inspection (not too close), I could see that she was so pale that I thought she was dead.   After several miles of wondering what the hell was going on (and of course since Todd was sleeping), my mind went wild wondering if I should call 911.  I eventually slowed down to exit my way to a gas station when the Beamer passed me.  The lady was DEFINITELY not alive.  She was a mannequin!!!! I swear he was talking to her.  Thankfully she had on the hoodie so her hair wasn't mussed in the wind.
 Once in Mobile, we met a very nice, very homeless, very needy, very ex-con man outside a restaurant.  It was also his "birthday."  Uh huh.  He had fallen on tough times after being in jail for a year.  "What had happened was" he found his lady friend in bed with another man.  He hurt the guy pretty good, and oh, happened to hit her too.  Geez.  He "helped us" get a cab (not soon enough!), and as we were pulling up to our hotel, we learned that several months our cabbie had been jumped by a few guys in a hotel room.  Don't worry, he was fine because the dude wrestled the gun away from the bad guys, shot one dead & injured the other two.  Good for him.

People are crazy.  I'm ready to get to the beach where I can ignore most people behind sunglasses, a drink, and my iPod!


1 comment:

Jamie said...

That was hysterical!