Wednesday, October 1, 2008

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY HERO

Today is my brother's birthday!!! Jeffrey and I are 3.5 years apart - of course I'm older. :)

The best thing about Jeff is that he is my hero. You see, Jeffrey took on a special job from God. When God asked him if he'd be willing to be born into a body and mind that wouldn't work well, Jeffrey graciously accepted with a smile. So my younger brother is living the life that God asked of him - a life of challenges, fears, pain, and suffering. Thankfully, God also gave Jeff a sense of humor, strength, the ability to give and receive love, a special form of communication, patience, kindness, and the ability to bring complete joy and a full heart to all of those around him.

I could go on and on about my brother, Jeff, but I just can't. I'll just say that there is a protected and untouchable part of my heart that is (and always will be) only Jeffrey's. Jeffrey brings out emotions in his big sister than nobody else can and ever will.

So, happy birthday Jeffman. I love you more than you can ever, ever, ever imagine. You are the light of our lives and we all celebrate you today. Thank you for being my hero.

3Bathtime, circa 1978 - Jeff has always loved anything water. My family and I could write novels about lifetime of escapades related to all things water -pool, hose, washtub, bathtub, anything & everything water escapades!)


3 Hugs from my brother.

The first photo shown of us (very top) is from several years ago. Jeff, Mom, and I went to Fly Day, an event sponsored by Challenge Air, and Jeff was laughing and screaming because he knew he was going to fly in a plane. Yeah, he covers HIS ears, but not ours - lol!

8 comments:

aria said...

Happy Birthday, Jeff!

Jess said...

Happy Birthday to your brother! There is nothing like that big sister/little brother bond!

Anonymous said...

I'm a little late, but happy happy birthday Jeff!!

Anonymous said...

Late like always... But I hope Jeff had a very happy birthday!

Juicy said...

Happy Birthday Jeff! What a great sister you are, you guys look like you're such good friends (my sister and I never hug!!). I love it!

Maria (MKC101103) said...

Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Jeee-efffff!
Happy Birthday to you!

MISTY and CO... said...

i can TOTALLY see you being the big sis. you are far to organized to the be the baby! i have a brother and it IS a special bond.

i remember meeting your bro at your wedding. he seems like a neat guy!!

GREAT POST....ron just said, "what are reading??"....as tears stream down my face :)))

Amanda said...

October birthdays are the best! I hope Jeff had a wonderful birthday!