Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Lesson Learned

Last night I could have easily screamed, "KILL ME NOW!!!

For the first time in my memory, I went to an office supply store. After the first day of school ended. WTF was I thinking? Had I really not had a long enough day?

When Todd and I walked in, he called out across the store to two of his students. Todd suddenly said, "Hell no!" and turned around to walk out. That's when I saw the line. The HUGE, long line of people. (Is that lady in the white shirt trying to cut? I think not!)


You can't see the ones at the end of the line because they are hidden by shelving. Believe me, they were there. I swear there had to be at least 50 people. That's when I saw the other line - you know - the short line. The man in the tie was not the last person.


Because I (1) desperately needed binders for school today, (2) wanted to purchase them for $0.25 each, and (3) could buy up to 25 binders since I'm a teacher . . . I stood in said line. For about 25 minutes. And, yes, I sent Todd to get some yogurt down the street and come back later. I'm such a nice wife.

Kill me again for just thinking about it. Lesson learned.

3 comments:

Shanny said...

Oh I would have so pulled my hair out. Kudos for your patience!

Kelly said...

Holy heck!!

Hey, I tagged you for that meme thing. :)

La Bonne Vie - The House of Brodt said...

Yikes! That is definitely no bueno...I would have wanted a snack too. :)