Some Mary updates:
* Mary became a great-great grandmother last week. Does that make her Mary the Great-Great? ;)
* She's feeling okay. Unlike the other cancers she has had/has now, the cancer in her bones really causes pain. She has a morphine pain patch that helps some. If she does too much, her back really begins to hurt. Mary told me that's when she "hits the pills".
* Mary fell on Saturday. I figured it was while walking to the bathroom or kitchen. Nope. She was out pruning pushes and she fell climbing the steps from the yard to the patio. Unfortunately, her hands were full and she landed on her face. Luckily nothing is broken, but I'm sure she looks pretty beaten up. She doesn't need to be gallavanting around the backyard, and I told her to knock it off.
* She wants us (Todd and I) to come dig up four of her rose bushes. We don't want any rose bushes. Anyone want four rose bushes?? They're free! (Seriously - come get em!!!!)
* When I talked to Mary about her fall, I recommended that she try out a cane just to help her with balance. I think she may have actually listened to me because she asked my mom about getting her one.
* Mary mentioned that she wasn't going to bring up the fact that I haven't sent her the recipes she asked me to collect for her. Uh, she was in the hospital for two weeks. I have them, but she wasn't home to cook them! I told her I'd bring them over this week.
* When she called me, I told her I was going to call her that afternoon. Her response? "What were you going to call me?" :) Smartass. I told her that I was going to call her my "fat little grandmother" (that's what she used to say when she called me) but I can't do that anymore. She said I still could, though. I love my grandmother.
Considering everything she's going through, all in all, Mary's doing okay. And when she's not okay, she doesn't usually admit it. I just pray each day that she is given peace and comfort.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













1 comment:
Sounds like she's hanging in there! She's a little fire cracker, huh? ;)
Post a Comment