Monday, June 16, 2008

Music Meme

I'm getting tagged left & right lately. I usually lost playing tag when I was young because I didn't run fast. In fact, I ran slower than normal so I could get out of the game. :) Anyway . . . I received a music-themed meme from Rebecca. I met Rebecca IRL last December & had a blast with her!

You’ve been tagged. List the seven songs that you most closely tie to a specific memory. These songs do not have to represent your happiest memories, good memories, or even strongest memories…The connection between the memory and the song is what you should use to determine what fits the list. These songs, when you hear them, ABSOLUTELY force you to recall a specific person, time, or event. GO!

I'll just list the first that come to mind. This Meme will DEFINITLEY show my age! And thank goodness I don't have to explain the memories behind these songs. WHEW!

1. Magic - The Cars
2. At Last - Etta James
3. Crank dat Soulja Boy - Soulja Boy
4. Drink, Drink - Drink Your Orange Juice - my dad
5. These are a Few of My Favorite Things - Sound of Music
6. Friends are Friends Forever - Michael W. Smith
7. Testify to Love - Amazon

Now, pick 7 to show their stuff:
1. Laurie
2. Amie
3. Jess B.
4. Jess H.
5. Kelly
6. Sarah
7. Virginia

4 comments:

AprilB said...

I love that song by Michael W. Smith...makes me think of high school friends. :)

La Bonne Vie - The House of Brodt said...

Yeah, we used to sing Friends are Friends Forever in choir in high school, LOVE that song too.

Juicy said...

I like this meme, I may do it on my blog so I'll pretend you tagged me. :)

I like the songs you've chosen too! Now I've got "These are a few of my favourite things..." in my head. THANKS A LOT!

Anonymous said...

I think my whole list would be 80's songs. Just listening takes me right back to that decade every time.