Sunday, June 22, 2008

Family Times Five

I have lots of blogging to do but haven't had a bunch of time this week. Busy summer so far! Tuesday was family get together day at my mom's. One of the big blessings of that day is that we had FIVE GENERATIONS - yes FIVE - under the same roof!

My cousin Kelly, who lives in San Diego, came to the Big D to visit her daughter & new grandson. Luckily, we were all able to get together to meet Nathaniel Paxton. (The name Paxton is from my cousin - Kelly's brother Paxton - who passed away almost 4 years ago.)

"Mary the Great" is now a great-great grandmother. When I asked her if we should now call her Mary the Great-Great, she replied, "No, calling me 'Great' will be just fine." :) Mary really enjoyed herself but tired pretty quickly from all the excitement.

Here are a few photos from that day:

Mary with Kendra (Mary's great-granddaughter) & Kendra's son, Baby Nate


My mom with her Mom. Aren't they gorgeous?!


Aeva (my niece) talking to Mary the Great. Mary asked Aeva if she wanted to take that baby home & Aeva said, "No. He's her baby!"


Three cousins - Me (looking awful), Michael (my bro) & Kelly (our cousin) + Baby Will (my nephew) who needed Daddy that minute.


L to R: Kendra, My mom holding Nathaniel, & Kelly (my mom's sister Cheryl is mom, gma, & great gma to the other three)


You still with me? That's a lot of who's who, but I can't make a family tree right now. I think I got five generations in there! Not pictured are Danielle (my SIL), Todd (my DH), Fritz (my gpa), Rick (my mom's DH) & Cheryl (Kelly's step-mom who has the same name as her mom).

6 comments:

Laurie said...

What a fun time with your family! So glad everyone could get together. Mary "The Great" looks great! Hope she's feeling well!

Newt said...

One, you do not look awful. And two, girl, you've got some great genes. I hope I look that fab when I'm Mary's age. Dang.

Anonymous said...

Mary is gorgeous!

Amanda said...

Awe...I got to see a picture of Mary. Now I can call her Mary the Great...how adorable!

Maria (MKC101103) said...

That's so amazing to have all of those generations in one house.

Anonymous said...

What everyone else said! Mary look GREAT! Your mom is also beautiful, you've got a beautiful family!