My friend Jess calls it that, but it's really just "EHLC" + something else I don't know how to spell. We'll just call it "surgery" for now since that's easier to type and say!
My surgery is scheduled for Thursday at noon. No food/drink after midnight, check in at 10am, surgery at noon, in OR for about twoish hours, recovery, go home . I know how outpatient surgery often works, so I hope to be out of there before the end of the night! Luckily I'll have my own personal outpatient surgery nurse (a.k.a. my Mom) with me.
So, what is EHLC? I thought you'd never ask! If you are sensitive about girlie stuff, stop reading now. Some of you can handle it all (shout out to Newtie)!
E = endometrial biopsy (biopsy of my endometrial/uterine lining)
H = hysteroscopy (an inside tour of my parts)
L = laparoscopy (an inside tour of my parts laparoscopically)
C = chromotubal-blahblahblah (shooting dye through my tubes to check for blockage)
There is one more part where radio frequency will be used to remove a fibroid from my uterus. The uterus is about the size of a fist, and the fibroid is about 35mm x 24mm which is a decent size. I just hope my hooha doesn't start playing music or need the station changed when commercials play. That would be a little uncomfortable for me - especially in public situations.
Tomorrow I have to go by the hospital for my pre-op bloodwork. It'll be a rush getting out of school on time and racing to the other side of town, but I'll be there. I have been vampired more in the past year than I probably have in my entire life, and honestly, I'm sick of it. WHEN (not if) we get pregnant again, I'll be on daily shots of Lovenox (a blood thinner), so I might as well be all friendly with the needles now.
To add insult to injury, I got another pre-surgery deposit statement from the doctor. So far I'm out $2300 and that's just the beginning. It think it's cheaper to have a baby than not to have one.
All in all, we'd go through needle sticks, surgery, money, or whatever we can if in the end we have a healthy baby in our arms. It's just the beginning of the sacrifice and love called parenthood.
Oh, and did I tell you that I'm really scared? Uh, yeah. Really. Can I get an IV now?
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













11 comments:
girl you know you've got tons of people who have your back in this fight. stay strong and let someone know if you need anything - i'll be thinking about you!
Good luck! I hope it all goes well! :) I'll be thinking about ya!
Hey doll, just wanted to let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers!
hehe! I think you should share my name for your surgery with your doc! :) I will be thinking of you...and thought I should share a little piece of advice if your pre-op nurse (aka mom) or dr hasn't...be prepared with pads for when you get home! Yeah, I had no idea and got to send my DAD to buy some! Embarrassing with a capital E! Hugs (not too hard though) and lots of prayers!
Hope today's vampiring is uneventful. I know what you mean about the needles (and the bills!). Adding insult to injury seems to be the order of the day.
I still think that radio-wave thing sounds really neat. Maybe they can set it to play soothing music for the baby-to-be.
I'll be thinking about you Thursday, and hoping it goes well!
Good luck with your surgery! I hope that everything goes well and you have a quick recovery. I will be thinking of you and praying for the best!
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers on Thursday. I hope this helps you on your sacrificial journey to parenthood! I do know that since you've already paid so many dues, your baby is going to be EASY and sleep all night from day 1 and never have the terrible 2s. :) That's my wish for you! :)
Don't be scared! Just know that it's all for the best, and you have lots of people praying and thinking about you! Please let me know if you need anything!
My prayers continue for you.... I know you'll get through the surgery and recovery like a rockstar :) I expect nothing less.
*HUGS* my friend :)
Hey gal - Just remember, this is one step closer to having a baby! You'll do great and we are praying for you!
Hope the surgery goes well tomorrow!
Post a Comment