Thanks, Tracy. What else do people need to know about me that they haven't learned in my blog? I'm sure I'm quite a freakish creature, so coming up with only eight things shouldn't be too hard.
1. I'm deathly afraid of heights. I don't like being higher than the seat of a chair. Escalators, glass elevators, stairs, catwalks, ladders, & the like mortify me. Seriously. I will panic, my vision will go dark, and I'll often sit wherever I am if I get scared. In the past, I've been found sitting in the bottom of the car of an air gondola, on a catwalk in the middle of the mall & other strange places. From what I've been told by my mom, I fell down two flights of stairs when I was little. I wasn't physically injured, but my subconscious definitely remembers it. My mom said when I was little, I would completely freak out just sitting on the table in the doctors office. I've considered hypnosis but haven't done it yet. I don't know if I will either.
2. I have a slight case of OCD. Some people might beg to differ, stating that it's more than a slight case. I like things to be in balance. Parallel and perpendicular alignment floats my boat. Ask my class. If groups of their desks are caddywampus, we have to fix it. My team often teases me by threatening to move things around in my work area or classroom. Luckily, my OCD isn't anything near my fear of heights. If it were, I'd form a true circus show.
3. The veins on the top of my right foot form the letter K. I'm glad they don't form Kristin or I'd (again) have to join the circus.
4. I have been watching "All My Children" for over 25 years. Yes, since I was 13. I still DVR it every day, as if things in Pine Valley are really going to change.
5. I am severely challenged in the laundry management department. Getting the clothes in the washer isn't too tough. The dryer is a little more difficult. Getting clothes out of the dryer - a real problem. Moving them into my closet - wow. Getting them put away is the worst. I've thought about asking Roberta (the maid) to take care of my laundry, but (see #2) I'm scared she wouldn't do it 'right'. What 'right' is, I don't know because I don't have it right in the first place!
6. I once left three barfing girls in my classroom. Hey, at least I sent a kid for the nurse & custodian first. I panicked, began to gag, cleared the room of the rest of my class, & sent everyone home (the bell had just rang). The poor things were in my room barfing to beat the band. When I told my principal, she went in there to help. Thankfully the custodian took care of clean up. I almost died just going back in for my purse an hour later. Obviously, I don't do barf - even for myself.
7. I have a hole inside my nose. Gross? Yeah. But, I have a hole in my nose. A majority of my septum is gone thanks to multiple surgeries on my nose. It was repaired several years ago, but broke through again. I once (in a moment of irrationality) showed some 4th graders how I can shove a Kleenex up one side of my nose & pull it out of the other side. My own, personal, stupid human trick. You happy playing tag now, TayLynn??? ;)
8. I suppose I am a freak. I have many fears, many maladies, many idiosyncrasies, and many bad habits. I don't care really because being me isn't always that bad. I'm smart and funny and, by golly, people like me.
Monday, December 10, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













3 comments:
I don't know which is funnier, the barf story, or the stupid human trick! I'm sitting at work giggling like one of your students! ha!
I do like you! Gross nose tricks and all. That was some funny stuff, Kristin. I'm not sure whether I laughed or said,
"Ewww" more!
Good job on this post. I'm very impressed that you did it so quickly too.
I'm sorry you have such a fear of heights though. That sounds pretty scary. ((hugs))
But what were you doing in an air gondola? Freak. ;)
Yeah, you're a freak, and I still call you my best friend. I wouldn't have it any other way. :-)
Love ya!
Martha
Post a Comment