My beautiful, strong, resilient, amazing, caring, loving, and fighting grandmother needs your prayers. Long story made short, Mary has been fighting cancer since I was 12 - since 1980. She has gone in & out of remission and has been in a big battle for the past few years. Her husband of over fifteen years, Fritz, has been one of her biggest supporters in this battle. I know tonight he is extremely worried and scared - whether he's showing it or not.
As of right now, Mary had surgery & is in very guarded condition. I don't completely understand what is going on, but she's had colon surgery in which a large portion of her colon has been removed. Of course, with the ever/continual lack of communication in my family, I learned about this just a short time ago - after she was in surgery. ggrrrr. Mary was having abdominal pain and the doctors determined the need for immediate surgery. (One good thing is that her surgeon is a friend and neighbor, a very well-respected surgeon, who also did a minor surgery on my husband a couple of years ago.)
From what I can tell, Mary will be under heavy sedation & in the ICU for a minimum of three days due to her fragile condition. Only immediate family will be allowed to visit and doctors prefer there to be no communication so she can rest. If things go well, she will be moved to a regular room after that for about ten days and then to a rehabilitation facility to recuperate.
As of right now, Mary had surgery & is in very guarded condition. I don't completely understand what is going on, but she's had colon surgery in which a large portion of her colon has been removed. Of course, with the ever/continual lack of communication in my family, I learned about this just a short time ago - after she was in surgery. ggrrrr. Mary was having abdominal pain and the doctors determined the need for immediate surgery. (One good thing is that her surgeon is a friend and neighbor, a very well-respected surgeon, who also did a minor surgery on my husband a couple of years ago.)
From what I can tell, Mary will be under heavy sedation & in the ICU for a minimum of three days due to her fragile condition. Only immediate family will be allowed to visit and doctors prefer there to be no communication so she can rest. If things go well, she will be moved to a regular room after that for about ten days and then to a rehabilitation facility to recuperate.
I'm at home right now (since it's almost 1am) and desperately want to be with Mary. I am praying that she will be okay and, although I think it may be, that this is not the 'beginning of the end' for her. Please pray with me for Mary's recovery, and please pray for Fritz because I know he, along with the rest of us, is scared out of his mind.














3 comments:
Kristin, I'm so sorry your grandma required surgery and that you can't visit her right now.
I pray for your Grandma Mary and Grandpa Fritz. I pray her recover goes smoothly and quickly. I pray God gives her and her husband strength and comfort.
((hugs))
My thoughts and prayers are with Mary & Fritz. And you, too!
Mary & Fritz are in my prayers. If it's any comfort to you, the surgeon did the same thing to my dad after his second abdominal surgery last year. It's for the best since Mary will be able to rest and not deal with post-op pain.
Love ya,
Martha
Post a Comment