Had myself a lil' car accident. Wellllll, "lil" is putting it very lightly. Almost totaled my car. It involved a red light that looked green (to me), some speed (by another), and a few automobiles. Luckily, my car can be repaired . . . to the tune of over $14,000. Thank God for good auto insurance and accident forgiveness coverage.
 |
| OUCH. |
 |
| Actually looks a lot better than it really is. |
 |
| Both my airbag and the entire right-side curtain airbags deployed. Scary & stinky. |
To add insult to injury, when the ambulance arrived on scene it ran into the REAR-end of my car. Seriously??? We were sitting in a heap in the middle of the intersection, so it's not like they didn't see my huge Honda Pilot! Glad I wasn't in the car or in between the crunch of cars. Add another repair and another claim and another report and another contact. FML.
 |
| Rear-end damage courtesy of Dallas Fire and Rescue. |
I am so thankful that nobody was seriously injured. As soon as I started to get out of my car, I was barely able to remove my wedding ring because my hand was swelling very quickly. While the airbag luckily saved my face and head, it did hurt my hand and forearm upon deployment. I refused treatment on the scene but wound up at an urgent care clinic the next day since I couldn't use my hand at all. A week later (after being unable to use my hand for days), the swelling and bruising was slowly subsiding.
 |
| My big, fat hand - finally can see some knuckles. |
 |
| Lots of finger bruising a week later. |
Two weeks later, I am able to wear my wedding ring again although my hand looks a little green-tinted. Just glad that was the worst of my injuries and my car can be repaired ---- eventually. God was watching over me that day, and while I hope He continues to do so, I am tired of all the ridiculous stuff going on in my life this year!
No comments:
Post a Comment