Last night was tough for Jeff's sister. I had a hard time leaving the hospital and cried off and on before and after I finally headed towards home. To much of the outside world, Jeffrey may not "look" perfect. However, he is my perfect brother to me. I hate, hate, hate that he is going through all of this after being chosen by God to live such a difficult life as it is. I am upset that Jeff's perfect appearance will be further altered. At the same time, I want my brother back. I need to be back to the place where I'm irritated with my little brother for his "call of the wild" (screaming) and signing work incessantly until your arm is sore from his signing so hard with his arm. I'll just have to remember how much I'm wishing for it when it starts up again! :)
After working a 12-hour work day and being banned from the hospital because of a sore throat, I'll share with you Mom's email from today after the tracheostomy.
"Trach placed without any problem. Nurse stated not much bleeding. Almost strange to see his mouth without the big tube in. Think he'll like it much better. He'll start waking up in a bit; morphine ordered for pain. Dr. Q (the ICU doc) looked further into lung & said it looked good. Jeff was a little anemic so he'll get 2 units of blood today.
Rick brought his razor & shaved Jeff this AM before procedure. Jeff was sleeping before procedure so didn't put his sunglasses on today. We're back in the room with him now (we = Jeff's parents - Dad, Joyce, Rick, Mom). Dr. S (doctor who performed the trach) was so nice. He said even though this is a simple procedure there can be complications and he likes to pray with patient & family if that was okay. He said a great prayer. He is such a nice man & so impressive in all respects.
Our thanks to all of you for your visits, thoughts, prayers. Today could be a great day for a new beginning. Love to all, Jeff & family"
Here's to new beginnings . . . goodness knows Jeffrey is due one. Thanks for the prayers that have gotten us this far. We're asking for more so that continues.













1 comment:
Your brother and your family have been in my prayers and will continue to be. I know our God is a good one, and provider of all things great. Here's hoping today is the beginning of all good things for Jeff!
Post a Comment