Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Seven Years

Our precious boy.
Seven years ago today, my (then) boyfriend, Todd, brought home a tote bag from work.  His dog, Mackey, was very interested in that bag and began to sniff it and check it out.  Soon after, a tiny white puppy peeked out his head to meet his new brother.

I received a call at my house from Todd (this was before we were living in sin) telling me he "had a surprise."  I instantly knew what that meant.  "You got that puppy, didn't you?" I asked, wondering why in God's green Earth someone would want TWO dogs.  :)

I went over to Todd's (now OUR) house to meet this teensy little fellow named Steve.  He was PRECIOUS.  My heart changed from that day on  A love for this sweet boy that I could not describe developed so quickly and intensely.  (For the record, I was falling in love with Todd too - ha!)  Steve and his mom had an instant bond that continues today.

My precious baby dog was a funny, silly, naughty, crazy, energetic, sweet boy then just as he is today.  Except now his 122 pound body is a little heavier at age 7 than it was as a handful of pounds at 4.5 weeks!

Happy "Gotcha" Day, Steve.  I love you, my "tiny little manz."

Steve at school with his new Dad, just before coming home for the first time.

Mom & Baby Stevie - LOVE at first sight!

"A bath?  I just got here!" (cue sad eyes)
I loved to climb my Mom and gnaw on her tasty hair.

I could finally reach the tall food bowl.  I was now a big boy!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

It's hard to believe Steve was ever that tiny! Happy 7 year anniversary to you and Steve!

NoVaIrish said...

Oh.

My.

Gawd.

Teeny, teeny, tiny Steve. Can you imagine giving him a bath in the sink now, LOL.