Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving 2010

All I need to say is LOTS of amazing food and loved ones.  What else would Thanksgiving need to be????  The spread of food was enough to truly feed an army.  That's just how we do it.  There was turkey, ham, dressing, 2 gravies, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, rolls, green bean casserole, blackeyed pea soup, salad, creamed spinach, jello salad, deviled eggs, and probably other stuff I can't even remember.  Other family members took photos of the spread, but they aren't good about sharing photos like I am.  (hint hint)

This year we enjoyed lots of family - my Mom & Rick, my brother Jeffrey, my Dad & Joyce, Pat & Linda (Todd's Dad & his wife), my brother Michael, Danielle, Aeva & Will, and Todd and I.  We also had two friends - Jeff, who rents from my mom & Rick, and Diana, a friend of the family.  It was wonderful to be together, enjoy all of the food, and count our blessings.

Jeffrey & Dad

Dad, Linda & Pat
 
Todd, official family carver of all birds and pigs.

Linda & Joyce being pretty while waiting on food.
 
Nobody was willing to quit eating & look up to smile.

Thanksgiving dinner is a serious affair for Mike.

Will (age 3 1/2) loves Thanksgiving!

My sister in-law Danielle.

Mom sneaks a taste.  :)

Papa & Aeva (now 7 1/2)

Linda & Mom (my Mom & stepmom in-law)

The Happy Couple
We hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving, and found the opportunity to recognize the blessings in your life.  As I've told myself and others, "Life doesn't have to be perfect for you to be able to count the blessings you already have."

No comments: