Sunday, November 14, 2010

Rewind: Day Three in California

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Obviously school and life has gotten in the way of me blogging.  Well, here's a rewind (from about 90 days ago!) from our third day in the San Francisco Bay area.

We woke up very late in our awesome Monterey hotel room.  The biggest decision of the morning was whether I wanted to take a bath or a shower.  (I opted for the tub in case you are wondering.)  Upon checking out exactly at 12 noon, Todd and I headed over to Monterey's Fisherman's wharf  to find some lunch.  Walking around and sampling chowder from a few places on the way, it made it easy to decide we wanted chowder for lunch!

We had some fairly good food at a decent restaurant with really crappy service, and I got some more good pics while we sat there (forever).  Our primary entertainment was the seals.  They were great!  Reminding us of our dogs at home, the seals played, swam, showed off, sunbathed, and barked.  It was as if they were doing it all simply for our entertainment.  I really couldn't get enough of them.  Since I loved so many of the shots I took of seals, I'm including all of them.  :)



We left Monterey late afternoon & drove to Los Gatos to see my friend Penny, her husband, James, and their son, Matthew.  Penny and I met a few years ago, and their family recently moved to California.


Todd enjoyed driving the winding roads lined with tall trees.

I enjoyed the views from Penny's balcony.

Matthew enjoyed having company from Texas that expressed interest in his Hot Wheels.


After enjoying some good pizza at a Los Gatos restaurant, we said goodbye to our friends and headed back to Niles.  We spent a long evening chatting, drinking, and hot tubbing with Greg and Shareen, and prepared for a busy weekend ahead of us.

Ahead: Day 4 - Todd and Kristin hit Niles!

No comments: