Monday, September 8, 2008

Random Crap


I always have weird crap flying through my head, and since Todd isn't home, you get to hear it instead.

1. I wonder if I smell like dog a lot. Steve always tries to lick me to death, and anytime he hugs me I'm covered in dog hair. I shower and use deodorant, but I hope I don't still smell like a dog. Do I?

2. Speaking of dogs, Pippin & Steve have been wrestling a lot lately. For some reason, their favorite place to begin most matches is between the coffee table and couch. (You know, where all the vast open space is in the house??) Tonight, they started under the coffee table. I yelled at them to stop because I was drinking wine from my Waterford and it was wobbling under the "wrestling mat" called the table. I guess they don't understand what Waterford is because they didn't stop immediately. Interesting.

3. I need to go see a neurologist. I've lost feeling in some of the fingers on my left hand & I'm having aches/pains in my arms, hands, and fingers. My mom said I need an MRI. Oh goody. Nothing like lying perfectly still in a tube that's probably frying what's left of my bum uterus. That's a whole different ball of wax though.

4. I'm tired. If I drink enough wine, maybe I'll actually go to sleep.

5. I think our dog Mackey sees dead people. He stares into the air and stares at corners pretty much every day. I look every now & then to see if I can see what he's looking at, but I can't. Perfectly sweet dog but weird as hell.

6. The other day I was driving home and a leaf was blowing towards the front grill of my car. After it went out of my sight, I reached down to my ankle to get the leaf. Heeelllllloooooo - I was in the car & the leaf was outside of it. My husband thinks I'm losing my mind. Still. Again.

7. I fired my Wal Mart yesterday. I won't go back there again. They're rebranding and totally redoing the store. Shopping there is like walking in the land of the dead because everyone is walking around with a stunned look on their faces because nobody knows where the eff anything is anymore. (nice runon sentence huh?) Plus, the layout sucks. Luckily, there are two WMs and eight other grocery stores within three miles of our house. I should be fine, but that one store was really my favorite.

8. I hate running errands - especially returning stuff. I have a couple of outfits that I decided look like crap on me (after I got them home) & I need to return them. As in, I need to return them before the ninety days is up later this week. ugh.

That should be it for now. Need to finish my wine, grade a crapload of papers, clean the dishes, iron my stupid shirt for tomorrow (I NEVER iron), and finally get some sleep.

6 comments:

Newt said...

I've never smelled you in person, but I'm sure you don't smell funny, darlin'.

Enjoy your wine. Hope Todd gets back soon.

Meg said...

You crack me up!!! And I doubt you smell like dog. I don't think your dogs are stinky, no matter how massive they are!

Laurie said...

Can I just tell you how much I love reading your blog?! It is seriously one of my favorite things to do each day! Thanks for your random crap! Makes me feel so much more normal about my own random crap! Miss you guys terribly! I need to come to Big D soon so you can give me a short course in Blogging. I can't seem to figure out all the cool stuff that you have on yours!

Anonymous said...

I sat next you at the scrapbook retreat and I didn't smell dog. It's just Steve's way of telling you he loves you. :-)

On a serious note, I had the same problem with losing feeling in my right hand. It turned out that I had a repetitive stress and thoracic outlet syndrome. Six months of physical therapy & continuing home excercise and I feel good!.

Shanny said...

LOL your random crap is funny. I'm also sure that you don't smell like dog =)

Jess said...

1. Yes, you smell de-dogly! I kid!

2. You mean your babies are stubborn?

3. You mean I said you need an MRI...right?!?

4. Strawberry martinis from the Nordstrom Bar are da-bomb...just sayin'!

5. I swear dogs can see ghosts! Bella sees our lady!

6. You may be...but just drink more! :) It cures all ailments I hear!

7. I banned WalMart too....YEARS ago! Target rulz!

8. You sound like me! I need a personal assistant to do crap like that, I think!

Just give everyone A's! :) And hit the hay!