Friday, September 26, 2008

It's THAT Time Again!


Today the gates opened to the
STATE FAIR OF TEXAS!!!
I haven't been to the fair in at least a few years, and I'm looking forward to going this year. We usually give our free teacher tickets away, but this year Todd and I are headed to Fair Park. This will be our first time going to the fair together. :) We'll be going with our friends and their 9 month old twin girls, so it should be a good time. My husband doesn't like crowds, thus the plan to go during the week. I just hope we have time to do some of my favorite things like:

Visit my boyfriend. His name is Tex. And he's Big.









Maybe look at some sparkly, new cars that we don't need/can't afford.













Hopefully see the Birds of the World show that I always thoroughly enjoy.










Possibly find out what/who's cooking in the IKEA Celebrity Kitchen. I wonder if it's in the Food & Fiber building? They used to give away miniature loaves of Mrs. Baird's bread. But I digress . . .










Maybe play a few games on the Midway. (Hopefully Todd won't win me any teddy bears because I hate carrying that ugly shit around!)









Of course, I'm most excited about:







THE FOOD!!! I must (MUST) have my Fletcher's Corn Dog with lots of mustard and a messy funnel cake dusted with powdered sugar. If I can't have those, then why go to the Fair??? I kid you not. I won't go if I can't eat both. Seriously. Don't mess with my Fair Food.

I'll close with a funny story. My Dad used to take us girls to the fair most every year. We always LOVED going, but we would usually tired pretty quickly. As we got older, my sisters and I finally figured out why. Dad would take us and walk VERY fast, so we'd wear out and cry and beg to go home. (To which my smart father always obliged.) Haha!

8 comments:

La Bonne Vie - The House of Brodt said...

I cannot wait to go to the fair. We *try* to make it every year and of course, the day would NOT be complete without the Fletcher's corny dog and a funnel cake from The Dock! We always have those two things too....plus many, many other fried, tasty treats!

Katie said...

Since I can't go (and haven't been in awhile) can you have a hot dog for me :) Oh how I miss the State Fair Corn Dogs...pure heaven on a stick

Laurie said...

I WANT TO GO! We've never taken the boys. Glenn and I made sure to go every year when we were in Big D. Smart to go during the week and not on the weekend!

Of course the last time I went I got food poisoning from a Fletcher's corny dogs! Boo Hoo!

Newt said...

I love the State Fair, too! Since I'm a vegetarian, I have to skip the corn dogs, but last time they had ears of corn on a stick, dipped in melted butter. Nasty and awesome, like all good fair food.

Have fun!

Jess said...

I'm salivating over here over the corny dog and funnel cake! YUM!

Jenn said...

Eat some funnel cake for me! Our county fair is in a few weeks and I can't wait! (Mostly for the food!) Corndogs are my fave too, but oddly, ONLY at the fair... weird... HAVE FUN!

Shanny said...

Looks awesome, you are going to have so much fun!

Awww your dad's story is too cute lol

The Bordelon Family said...

Can you believe that I have lived in Texas for 15 years and I have NEVER been to the State Fair? Now that we have Caleb I'm definitely making Chris take me to find out what all of this Fried goodness is all about! :)