My surgery is scheduled for next week, so plans are being set by not only me but Todd, my mom, the hospital, doctor's office and more. Luckily Todd and my mom won't be charging me. However that's a bit different for the hospital and doctor.
I completed my pre-certification process with the hospital earlier this week. I answered questions, gave insurance details, emergency info, etc. The woman with whom I was speaking ended our call by saying she's get back with me about the details of my copay/deductible.
$1896.30. What? Yep, that's right. Almost nineteen hundred dollars. And that's just the hospital. They better be lining my uterus with huge, high-quality diamonds. I'm a teacher not a money tree!
Then, to compound the situation I get my pre-surgery instructions from the doctor. My deposit of almost $400 is due prior to surgery. That should cover the diamond and gold-encrusted fallopian tubes and ovaries.
C'mon now . . . and why do I have insurance? It's obviously cheaper to have a baby than not to have one. It's all insane.
And I was complaining about the cost of a tank of gas. Ahem.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)













3 comments:
Isn't it fun?!? I've lost track of how many labs and treatments we've had the pleasure of paying for!
Tell Todd he needs to text all your girls when you get out of surgery to let us know how many carats you got in your girl parts! :)
Yes, medical bills and the cost of insurance are both incredibly outrageous, but the cost is worth it in the long run when you have that little baby in your arms! Good luck with your surgery.
Aw hell, Kekis, I'm sure sorry. Insurance companies suck.
Post a Comment