What kind of a sick sonofabitch would hurt someone that couldn't defend himself? Can Jeffrey be extremely frustrating? Yes. Can he work you into such a frenzy that you feel you'll lose your mind? Yes. Does he do it on purpose? Hell no. I'm sure he thinks that we are all the ones with a problem. I know Jeff definitely HAS to get more frustrated with us than us with him.
Jeff is MH/MR and deaf/blind in addition to his many other handicaps. He had two strokes before he was ten years old. His right side is partially paralyzed. His left side is so incredibly strong that he could easily hurt someone, but Jeff couldn't hurt someone intentionally. Jeffrey is legally deaf & blind, but he can see and hear. In the past he has battled anorexia, kidney problems, strokes, collapsed lungs, had multiple surgeries, has been self-abusive, and more. The fact that lived past the age of six surprised many of his doctors. Jeffrey turned 36 on October 1st.
I spoke the case manager of the group home today, and she told me she was only able to share certain information since it was a state case now. When she told me that she couldn't give names (especially of "S.O.B.") I told her I didn't want to know his name. If I had his name I would find him. If he thinks his life is miserable now, he hasn't met me yet. Being the highly emotional person that I am, I'm just proud of myself that I handled the conversation with the case manager in a logical, professional, mature manner.
When my mother told me what happened, I was devastated. I was so angry and heartbroken that I could barely speak. All I could do was cry. I cry now when I think about it and probably will for a while. I have always been the protector of my brother, even though we are only a few years apart in age. Jeffrey is my heart. He is truly my hero. What he has endured in his short life is more than any of us ever will. The fact that someone tried to hurt him and that I wasn't there to protect him kills me. I feel like I have failed him, and it will take me a long time to get over it.
I love you, brother.













1 comment:
Are you kidding me!? There is a very special place in hell reserved just for S.O.B. :(
Hopefully Jeffrey is recovering quickly!
Post a Comment