For our official first day, I made the dogs "pops." They LOVE their pops, and they are a healthy way to treat the dogs and cool them off during the hot Texas summers.
Pops are very easy to make. Here's my so-called recipe:
DOG POPS1 large tub of non-fat, plain yogurt
1/2 c. or so peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
leftover meats and veggies
Pull out the blender and add non-fat plain yogurt, some peanut butter, and whatever leftovers you have in the fridge. (This time it was chicken, some corn, and a piece of zucchini. Literally any meat and/or veggie we have goes into the blender.) Puree and pour into ice trays to freeze.
Remove pops from ice trays after frozen and place in a sealable baggie. Label as "DOG POPS" unless your dogs don't mind sharing. :) Enjoy!
Pippin and Steve waited for me to hand out seconds, then got embarrassed after I tried to take pictures of them begging!















1 comment:
I am SO pinning your pops!
Post a Comment