Thursday, December 9, 2010

Sick Baby

Poor Baby Dog.  Stevie has been sick this week.  Monday night, he started coughing.  When I say coughing, I'm talking hacking like a seal.  I worried that he'd somehow gotten kennel cough at the dog park because his cough was that bad.  Todd took him to the doctor on Tuesday and found out that Steve had an infection plus a fever on top of that.  You can tell he's felt really crummy because he sleeps a lot, doesn't do his usual running around the house, stopped barking, and hasn't been eating much.  You can even tell he's lost some weight!

It's really hard seeing him feel so poorly & knowing all we can do is give him cheese (stuffed with meds!) and love on him.  Steve loves the cheese (especially when he can separate his pill and spit it out!) and the loving is something he needs on a continual basis anyway.

I have the sickies, Mom.  Have you seen my blankie?


1 comment:

Jamie said...

Aw, poor Steve. Great pic, though, and I love your photo stamp in the corner. I hope he gets well soon. The blankie usually makes it all better. ;) And, our dogs are really good at separating the cheese from the pill too!