Friday, January 1, 2010

Christmas 2009

Our stockings were hung by the chimney with care. Of course all of the pets have stockings!

Our tree, which I never topped. My grandmother, Mary, gave me an angel treetopper years ago, but she wouldn't stay on this year. Instead she watched over us from another place in the room.


On the 23rd, we got together at my Dad and Marilynn's to enjoy dinner and exchange gifts. As always, we had a wonderful dinner and everyone loved their gifts.

Whitney and her Papa
My sister, Cindy, and her family (Richie, Kilee and Whitney)

My nephew, Chase, and his fiancee Shelby

Todd sporting his new vest, gangsta style! This shot always makes me laugh.


The obligatory self-timer family portrait.


For the first time in over eighty years, Dallas had a white Christmas! It was so pretty to see all of the snow falling on Christmas Eve day. Beginning as beautifully large snowflakes, I tried to take some pics outside and of the dogs.


Mackey likes the snow.Steve's not too sure.
Within hours it turned into to a terrible storm of snow, ice, rain, and sleet. And we were driving in it. What should be about an hour trip to see Todd's family in Fort Worth became a two-hour drive there and a two and a half hour crawl back home. I was too rattled to take any photos of the family that night. I took two shots when I got home. By shots, I do mean pictures!

The backyard, which had been trampled by the dogs. Steve eventually liked the snow and ran around biting at the snow. Pippin and Mackey just wanted to lay in it and bring their wet fur inside to dry.

Snow piled on the patio table.


Christmas Day was spent at home hanging out, exchanging gifts, helping the cat and dogs open their stockings, and cooking. I made a breakfast casserole the night before, so I baked it for breakfast Christmas morning. I then made a ham, steamed some broccoli, baked a cake, roasted a turkey, and made a vat of mashed potatoes. The kitchen was a disaster!

Late that afternoon, we headed over to my Mom and Rick's to prepare for Christmas dinner. There were many family and friends there to celebrate with us. We let Aeva and Will open their gifts before dinner.
Aeva and Mimi (my Mom)

Aeva shares the remote control dinosaur Santa brought her with her new friend Carmen.


This was our first Christmas to spend with Will because the last two years, he has been sick. Upon opening each gift, Will would say, "Oooooooo!" Almost all of his gifts were car-related, so he loved it!

My mom hands Muscan a plate of food on her first American Christmas, while little Ekman tries to snatch a bite.


We had the lingering absence of Mary this year, and we sure do miss her. Spending time with family and friends and creating many new memories is what Christmas is all about though. We hope you and yours had a wonderful holiday!

No comments: