Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving

We had a great Thanksgiving at my mom's. There were about 15 (or so) of us and enough food to feed at least 30! I really need to get better at taking photos. I took three but only got one good shot the entire day. Now that I think of it, my brother took this pic after I asked. Does that count?



It's hard to tell here, but Aeva (6) and Will (2) were holding hands like sweet sister and brother. Aeva was taking Will around showing him all the desserts. After a couple bites of Aunt Kristin's (very first) chocolate bundt cake, his favorite new work became "chocky" for chocolate. He was so excited! Will also enjoyed Mimi's homemade whipped cream. And lots of it. :)

I swear that Aeva ate for at least three hours straight! She would eat a little of something and take a short break. A few minutes later, we'd hear, "I'm still hungry. I'd like some _____ now." She eats like a bird but for a really long time. She's such a sweet girl. As we sat down to dinner, Aeva let the group know that we needed to go around and say what we're thankful for. The hearts of children always show us the wonderful things in life.

There was the lingering thoughts of Mary in the back of all of our minds, but we all did really well and enjoyed ourselves because that is what Mary would want. I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and were able to find the wonderful things in life for which you can be thankful this year.


No comments: