Friday, April 18, 2008

A Public Greeting Card



Today is my sister Cindy's birthday!!!!! And, yes, she's older than me. :)

My sister is my most amazing best friend. We met when she was 8 and I was 5. Our parents married the next year. Some people would say that Cindy is my step-sister, but I wholeheartedly disagree. She is my sister for many reasons.

There are two major reasons why you'd know Cindy & I are sisters. First of all, my Dad adopted her (and my other sister) when we were young. We were raised together with the same last name. Secondly, the three of us exchanged blood when we were young. Aren't sisters related by blood??!!

The main reason I can tell you that Cindy is my sister is because she has always stood by my side - more than anyone. I would do anything for her, and I know she would do the same for me. She knows me like no one else. She teaches me, defends me, motivates me, inspires me & loves me unconditionally.

We've been through a lot of things together. There are the childhood memories of riding bikes, banana splits, playing games, stealing junk food before dinner, listening to everything from the Bay City Rollers to Ozzy, learning to drive, and family road trips. Some of our experiences have been devastating - the divorce of our Dad & her mom, loss of family members, breakups, her cancer, miscarriages, divorce, loss, and more. We've also experienced some beautiful and fun things together -the birth of her two amazing daughters, our weddings, hanging out at Dad's, watching TV together while on the phone, openly discussing female things & other bodily functions, and endless time on the telephone.

We complete each others thoughts, argue and forgive, and love one another immensely. And today I wish her a very happy birthday. There's no way I would have survived the past year without you. I love you, CJ.

5 comments:

Newt said...

AAAaaawwww! That's so sweet! Happy Birthday, Cindy!

Maria (MKC101103) said...

Oh Kristen you just made me get all teary! That was such a sweet post!

Jess said...

Happy Birthday Cindy! So sweet you have a sister to always lean on...!

AprilB said...

Such sweet sentiments. I'm so glad you have each other.

Amanda said...

What a sweet post! Sisters are definitely the best!